These are great as a light lunch with a salad or hummus.
…..Or you can go all out and team them with; a tabula salad, vegan taziki and falafels, for a Lebanese banquet!
1 onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic
2tbs vegan butter
1 large bag of spinach
80g vegan feta (see pervious recipes or buy premade)
1tbs lemon juice
filo pastry (check its vegan – most store brought ones are)
- HEAT oven to 170C
- FRY onion and garlic in a little butter then add spinach and stir until it wilts
- PLACE the hot mixture into a bowl with the feta and lemon juice in and mix together.
- CUT the filo into 3 strips length ways
- SPOON 2 tbsp on the mix at the top of each strip then fold each over diagonally to make a triangle and continue down the pastry until all folded.
- REPEAT until all the mixture is used up and place the triangles on a lined baking tray
- MELT 2 tbsp of vegan butter and dip or brush the parcels with the butter
- BAKE in oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy and brown