- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds or walnuts
- 1tbs coconut oil. Protein powder + peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (boiled for 10 mins or soaked over night)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plant based milk (coconut, almond, rice, soy)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (or use coconut, but it will impart more coconut flavor)
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 3/4 cup packed pitted dates (plus water to blend to make caramel)
- 3/4 cup roasted salted peanuts or peanut butter or BOTH! (I like manilife)
- optional:3/4 cup chopped vegan dark chocolate
BLEND crust ingredients in food processor and push into baking paper lined tin (freeze)
BLEND (I use a nutribulet to get it really fine) filling ingredients and pour on top (re freeze)
BLEND dates with hot water to make caramel.
DROP dots of caramel across the top of the cashew cheese layer and use a toothpick to make a pattern on top.
SCATTER peanuts on top and optionally melt some chocolate and dot it on top too. Re freeze over night.
PLACE put in fridge for 3-5 hour before eating, so it softens!
N.B. Keeps in Freezer for at least a week.
ALSO, I had no peanuts so used pecans on top for the photo… peanuts would be better tho!