This has to be one of the fastest meals to make ever… 5-10 mins tops! With only 5 ingredients this is simple plant based food at its best. Totally vegan and filled with healthy fibre. This rapid meal is super to make even the fussiest easter happy.
Perfect with home made chips or my ‘cheesy polenta fries’ (see back on main menu)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup brown rice flour (or oat flour, bread crumbs)
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp your favorite salsa (I like Mrs Renfros salsa)
1 tbsp rapeseed or coconut oil
- MASH black beans in a bowl.
- ADD the other ingredients, except the oil, and mix.
Depending on your salsa, you may need to add a tiny bit more flour OR if your mixture seems dry, add a little bit more salsa.
- SHAPE into 3 or 4 burgers and place on plate. In fridge for 20 mins.
- HEAT the oil in pan on medium heat.
- FRY each burger patty for 2-3 minutes each side until lightly browned and crispy on the outside.
- CREATE your fav burger with your own toppings (mine were mashed avo, and crispy onions.)