Time to make: 15-20 mins
Makes 4-6 naans
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup* almond milk
- Olive oil + herbs of choice for seasoning (I used garlic but you can use black onion seeds, coconut flakes or coriander)
- Add all dry ingredients, and whisk together.
- Then add the oil and milk. Mix everything together until it forms a ball. Turn out on the counter and knead until very smooth and elastic — at least 5 minutes — adding more flour as necessary.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. Then divide into 4-6 equal pieces.
- Heat a non stick griddle pan over medium-high heat. Roll one piece of dough until very thin, about ½ a cm.
Melt some oil in the pan. Then one at a time, cook the naan for about 80 seconds, or until parts are blackening, on each side. When they are done, you can brush them with oil and add seasonings (coriander, garlic, etc.), if you want