These high protein flapjacks are soft and delicious! Perfect for a afternoon snack of an ‘on the go’ breakfast.
Makes about 8 flapjacks.
You can store these in a fridge for a few weeks in sealed container.
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup salted OR dry-roasted peanuts
1 cup medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a food processor blend together the dates, peanut butter, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium-size pot and place over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it begins to get soft and melty – about 2-5 minutes.
- Place the OATS and peanuts in a bowl and add the mealthy mass and stir until well combined.
- Press to a parchment-lined baking dish. Place in the refrigerator until hardened, about 1 hour.
- Cut into bitesize flapjack pieces