1-2 potatoes per person (1 seems enough but when I make 2 per person they always seem to go)
Rapeseed oil 1-2 tbsp per potato
Buckwheat flour 2 tbsp (1-4 people ) (4 for 5-10 people.)
1 tbsp Rosemary
Generous pinch Salt +Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to as hot as possible mine is around (240C) and put baking tray in oven with rapeseed oil in, to get hot.
- Cut potatoes into small shapes (1 medium potato should make around 4-6 small potatoes) Boil for 10ish mins (until soft on the outside but not totally soft).
- Drain potatoes and put them back in the saucepan, add buckwheat flour, salt, pepper and herbs to the pan and put the lid on the saucepan and shake them so they are ‘fluffed up’ at the edges. (this makes them extra crispy)
- Take the baking tray with oil on from out the oven and pour the hot oil all over the potatoes in the pan. (It should sizzle!)
- Pour the potatoes on to the hot baking tray (leaving any excess oil in the pan) and place in oven for 30-40 mins until golden and crispy. (Turning once – if needed, add a splash more of the oil here too.)
- Take out the oven and enjoy immediately.