- 1 ½ cups oat flour ( I blend oats in processor for a min or so)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cinnamon, (optional)
- ¾ cup room temperature almond milk of choice
- ¼ cup (generous measurment) melted coconut oil
- 2 large vegan eggs ( I use ‘follow your heart’ egg replacer powder, but any will do)
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup +1tbs stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: milk, melted coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir. Then let the batter rest for 20 minutes so the oat flour has time to soak up some of the moisture. Plug in your waffle iron to preheat now.
- Once 20 minutes is up, give the batter one more swirl with your spoon. Pour batter onto the heated waffle iron, enough to cover the center and most of the central surface area, and close the lid. Once the waffle is deeply golden and crisp, transfer it to a cooling rack
- Repeat with remaining batter until finished.
- Serve waffles with , coconut yoghurt, fruit nuts, maple syrup and nut butter, or any other toppings that you fancy.
NB waffels then freeze in freeer bags for a month or so and you can re hear in oven at 200 for 5-10 mins or in toaster for a quicker breakfast .