1 cup of flour of choice (I use brown rice flour)
1 cup of water
1 cup (aprox) BBQ sauce (store brought or make your own – recipe below)
- Cut cauliflower into small chunks
- In bowl mix flour and water to create a thick batter
- Dip cauli chunks into batter and place on lined baking tray and Cook at 220C for 20 mins
- Pour adequate BBQ sauce into a bowl.
- Then take the cauliflower flower out of the oven and put in BBQ sauce bowl and shake around until covered.
- Place back in baking paper tray and cook for a further 10 mins until slightly browning.
- Take out of oven and top with chopped spring onions and serve with peanut sauce (shown above) or vegan sour cream. (recipe on my Instagram page (@kedavison – Plant Powered Katie)
N.B. Once cooled that keep in fridge up to a week.
BBQ sauce :
- 1 cup of tomato paste
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1tbs of stevia or sweetener of choice
- 1tbs liquid smoke
- 1tsp smoked paprika/ garlic powder, and onion powder and a pinch of chili powder and cayenne
- ¾ cup of water
Mix together and serve immediately or store in air tight container in fridge.