Savory crumble… yes, it’s a thing…and it’s gooood!
Filled with protein and vegetables this well balanced meal is delicious and a hit with all.
1kg of root veg (sweet potato, parsnips, swede, carrots etc) cut up into around 3cm square chunks.
1 tbs liquid smoke (optional)
a few springs of Rosemary
1cup white wine
500ml veg stock
1tbs olive oil
Vegan Crème Fresh with mustard (see ingredients below instructions)
Vegan Crumble mix (see ingredients below instructions)
- Cut veg and place in bowl and toss with oil, paprika, liquid smoke and seasoning and roast on 200C for 35-45 mins.
- Make ‘mustard crème fresh’ by blending all ingredients (listed below) in food processor until smooth and set aside.
- Place all the crumble mix ingredients (listed below) in food processor and pulse until crumble texture (don’t over blend… a few pulses will do!)
- Take the roasting pan out of the oven and put it on a hob and pour the white wine and stir for 30 seconds then add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add crème fresh and stir until thickens slightly then pour the veg and sauce into casserole dish and top with the crumble.
- Cook for 30 mins on 200C.
Mustard crème Fresh:
400g silken tofu (can be bit more or less)
½ lemon juice
1 t bs maple syrup
pinch of salt
3TBS nutritional yeast
1tbs mustard Dijon
100g vegan butter
100g brown rice flour (or flour of choice)
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2tbs nutritional yeast flakes
salt and pepper