No words can describe how much I love this cake/breakfast loaf. I just urge you to make it ASAP!
75ml melted coconut oil
200 nuts (pecans or walnuts best)
200g Rolled gluten free oats
4 ripe bananas
100g coconut sugar or 60g organic stevia
70ml Maple syrup
100ml unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
75g dark vegan chocolate chopped into small chunks (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 170C and line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Roast nuts for 10 mins Then roughly chop and leave to the side.
- Blitz oats in food processor until flour and place in bowl.
- Next blitz bananas, sugar or stevia, maple syrup and almond milk and melted coconut oil in food processor until blended fully. Then add oat flour, baking powder and pinch of salt to processor and blend further. Then stir in the nuts.
- Pour half batter into tin then layer with chopped chocolate (if using) and pour the rest on top. Optionally, you can shake some more sugar or stevia on the top too.
- Cook for 1 hour 10 mins, or until a knife comes out pretty clean. Then leave in tin to cool for at least 15 mins.