Serves: Makes 1/2 a mason jar
Time : 5 prep / 30 cooking
For years I use to use passata or pasta sauces or my pizzas but they are different things! Pasta sauce is too watery for pizzas and also often has different flavourings.
So here is the world’s best pizza sauce recipe …. so you don’t have sloppy homemade pizzas ever again.
- 1 can tomatoes
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano, thyme, red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt)
- Add tomatoes, basil, onion powder, garlic, oregano, thyme, chilli flakes and salt to a blender and blend or pulse until garlic and basil are small little bits.
- Transfer to a pan on hob and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for around 20-30 mins until thickened.
- Transfer to a mason jar or container and let cool before storing in the fridge.