This recipe is chip heaven for me. Baked not fried, all homemade and super crispy.
Perp time: 5 mins
Cooking time:25-30 mins
2/3 large potatoes
1 pinch of Salt and pepper
1tbs dried Rosemary or thyme
3-4 tbs Rapeseed oil
3 tbs Flour of choice (I use buckwheat or brown rice flour ut any will do)
- Preheat oven 220C
- Wash and chop potatoes into 2cm thick, long chip shapes. LEAVE SKIN ON. This adds to the crispiness and flavour.
- Place in boiling water bring water back to the boil, then boil for a further 2-3 mins. Then drain in colander.
- In the colander shake the chips around slightly, then add: flour, salt/pepper and herbs and finally drizzle the oil all over them.
- Then place chips in baking paper lined tray and bake for 20-30 mins (depending on your oven) checking and turning them after 15 mins.
- When golden and crispy enjoy immediately.