Serves: Makes 1 large hash brown (which serves 2)
Time: 10 mins
1 sweet or white potato (or mixture of the two)
1 white/brown onion
1/2 cup chickpea (gram) flour
1/2 cup of almond milk
1 tbs olive oil
1 flax egg (3:1 tbs water and flax seed)
1tsp garlic and onion powder
Pinch of salt and pepper
Toppings of choice. Examples: spinach, tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, tempe bacon, beans, vegan halloumi, etc.
- Grate onion and fry in saucepan until soft set aside
- Grate sweet potato, and whole potato and set aside
- Whisk the chickpea flour, almond milk, flax egg and oil in a bowl and add the grated veg and all the seasoning.
- Heat a saucepan with a little oil in bottom. Then take the mixture and push it into the base so it covers the bottom of the pan. Cook on medium high for 4 mins.
- Using a small plate, flip the hash brown over and cook the other side for a further 4 mins. If you like it extra crispy you can place it under the grill for a few more mins here too.
- Then when crisped up place on plate and top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!