Healthy, sugar free, natural jam! Perfect on porridge or with toast and peanut butter also great for a healthy option for Victoria sponge fillings.
Makes: one pot
Time: 15 mins
400g frozen strawberries or raspberries
3 TBS maple syrup or 50ml of sweetener of choice
2 tbs chia seeds
½ tsp vaillla extract
½ tsp vanilla powder
¼ tbs fresh lemon juice
Dash of salt
- In saucepan strip frozen berries with maple syrup and salt. Cook until combined then simmer for 6/7 mins.
- Reduce heat and mash until you have a very watery jam
- Add chia seeds on low heat and cook for 10 more mins or until excess liquid has cooked off and it has thickened slightly
- Remove from heat and stir in vanillas and lemon juice
- Transfer to jam jar and cool uncovered to thicken further for a couple of hours (if shot of time freezer will do it in 40 stirring every 20 mins)
- Jam is now done and will keep in airtight container for 2-3 weeks